Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So, just to let you know where we are with this project. We are just starting to get the word out. We'd like to get emails from as many people as possible with feedback on the issue. Then we are going to get a petition out and we'll really need a lot of people to sign it. Once we turn that in and know we have a lot of people behind us, we will request a community meeting with local government officials like Marty Markowitz and Yvette Clarke to see if they will take it on. Please keep returning to this site for updates. You can email us at lalena.alexandra@gmail.com OR NoNoiseOnArgyleRd@AllWorldsUnisex.com. Thanks!

1 comment:

Mikki E. said...

I have lived in this nabe for 29 years. I grew up on Argyle bet Bev and Cortelyou. I remember when this nabe was so quiet that if a pin dropped you'd hear it. Things are about 25% busier because all the new people moved in. Now if we can get all the new folks to move out, things would be different. We are close to the Prospect Expwy, can prevent cars from driving in the nabe? I dunno?... I would think the business owners are happy about it. It brings in new business to the neighborhood.

I don't know what can be done about the traffic but I really do not see it as a bad thing. Ditmas Park has been dead as a doorknob for so long it is exciting to see the new growth and I am actually tickled by it.